Author Topic: New to Paint Tool Sai  (Read 6820 times)

ProtegeKeiTopic starter

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Email
New to Paint Tool Sai
« on: June 30, 2011, 07:05:15 AM »
Hey guys, Im new to Paint Tool Sai. I saw some awesome stuff being created with it on youtube :P. Anyway I have a couple of questions.

So I downloaded what I think is the English Version Software of it on sai.detstwo. com/sai. And I can open it just fine, but when I try to open anything with it like some lineart I scanned I cant find it or it says it doesnt exist. Anything I can do to fix this. OH! And I just downloaded it today.

Also I really like Paint Tool Sai and would like to actually Pay the people who made this not just download it. But im kinda confused on how to do so. I've read some other posts, and so you have to buy it of systemax then get a liscenes code? And it costs something like 5250 JPY which ive coverted into bing which is like 65 bucks USD. Correct?

Thanks for reading this and if these questions have already been asked, you can just link the posts instead of typing it again.
Thanks ;D

Kei

Robellyn

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: New to Paint Tool Sai
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2011, 05:45:34 PM »
Link: http://sai.detstwo.com/smf/index.php?topic=1692.0

And I'm not trying to be unkind or anything, but the post that appears RIGHT BEFORE YOURS (and several more on this same thread forum subsection ) all deal with the proper way to buy a proper version.

Now, to meatier matters:  the Not Opening problem. I'm pretty sure I remember seeing this issue before, but I cannot remember where.  I guess my first question is the format of the files you are trying to open (your 'scanned lineart'). Is this a Tiff (lots of scanners use Tiff but SAI doesn't)? Or is it some other format and a 16-bit scan (SAI can only read 8-bit scans).    I guess any details you might give us about your EXACT circumstances (Operating system, file type you are trying to open, etc...) might help.
Fear not, for Fear shall not save thee

TibsSpongebob97

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 07:58:28 PM »
Hi um Could you help me Sai said that I had to be an administer in order to use Sai can you fix it? :(

Robellyn

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2011, 07:13:50 AM »
You Right Click on the installer program and choose 'run as administrator' from the menu that appears.
Fear not, for Fear shall not save thee