Author Topic: CLIP [Paint Lab]  (Read 241301 times)

evadonwei

Re: CLIP [Paint Lab]
« Reply #135 on: February 09, 2012, 06:49:36 PM »
Any Help
!!!!
???????? :-\
[/b]

Memag

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
    • Email
« Reply #136 on: February 17, 2012, 07:05:40 PM »
Any progress with translation Monstrue?

Frenden

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 22, 2012, 06:55:58 PM »
Any updates?

I'm willing to give this a shot, but, when I open the files on my Mac with Hexfiend, they show a lot of garbled characters. I'm not sure what encoding or byte size options I should be picking or if I'm doing something else wrong.

I have a friend who speaks Japanese and is (graciously) willing to do the work, I just need to know how to edit the files. Any updates on the previous effort, or advice about editing the files for my own, would be appreciated. I'd be sure to release the patch to the public.

Thanks!

Memag

• View Profile
    • Portfolio
    • Email
« Reply #138 on: February 22, 2012, 07:01:07 PM »
Any updates?

I'm willing to give this a shot, but, when I open the files on my Mac with Hexfiend, they show a lot of garbled characters. I'm not sure what encoding or byte size options I should be picking or if I'm doing something else wrong.

I have a friend who speaks Japanese and is (graciously) willing to do the work, I just need to know how to edit the files. Any updates on the previous effort, or advice about editing the files for my own, would be appreciated. I'd be sure to release the patch to the public.

Thanks!

"You need to install Japanese language and you need an Hexaeditor that show you the code in UTF-8 or you only will see symbols, but be careful when you replace text in hex because the text you replace must have less or same number of characters spaces..."

I also got garbled characters, but once I installed japanese language I could see the symbols.Although you need to scroll through the code and look for them.
Then you'd need to copy the part and translate it and paste it in again. That's as far as I got. There is many,many words to be translated.
I wish Clip made it easier on future users.

{lamenting} Monstrue, WHERE ARE YOU!?!?! 

Frenden

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 23, 2012, 01:37:40 AM »
I already have Japanese language support built-in to OS X Lion to my knowledge (Japanese sites show fine, etc.). The files in the Resources/Other folder still show garbled when I open them.

I'm thinking I'm not opening the files with the right encoding or something in Hexfiend.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 01:42:50 AM by Frenden »

Memag

• View Profile
    • Portfolio
    • Email
« Reply #140 on: February 23, 2012, 01:43:20 AM »
I already have Japanese language support built-in to OS X Lion to my knowledge (Japanese sites show fine, etc.). The files in the Resources>Other folder still show garbled when I open them.

"you need an Hexaeditor that show you the code in UTF-8". Did you set that? I used that HexEditor Neo, like Monstruo.
Anyways, most of the characters will be garbled AFAIK . The ones you need to translate are way past the middle of the file, try scrolling down until you see something recognizable, in Japanese.
Like these ones....

Frenden

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 23, 2012, 01:47:45 AM »
UTF-8, got it. I'll install Parallels to run Hex Editor Neo, worst case, because I'm not getting any Japanese characters out of Hexfiend. It may be a limit of that app since I know my OS isn't the problem.

Frenden

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 23, 2012, 01:56:02 AM »
Can anyone post the unedited 0.8.2 files from a Windows build? I'm wondering if the way that OS X sees and classifies these files is part of the problem. They are Unix Executable Files as bundled with Clip Paint in OS X, and I'm keen to try the Windows versions of the files that just show as blank Document files.

Memag

• View Profile
    • Portfolio
    • Email
« Reply #143 on: February 23, 2012, 01:57:37 AM »

Frenden

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 23, 2012, 02:07:11 AM »
Thank you! I'll post if I make any headway.

hira2

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #145 on: March 03, 2012, 06:44:10 PM »
 ;DHi!  Since you have been using Clip Paint Lab, I was wondering if you might know how to make a new layer.  I can understand most of the rest of the program since it is quite similar to other programs that I've used, but this is just confusing.   :P

Memag

• View Profile
    • Portfolio
    • Email
« Reply #146 on: March 03, 2012, 07:44:41 PM »
;DHi!  Since you have been using Clip Paint Lab, I was wondering if you might know how to make a new layer.  I can understand most of the rest of the program since it is quite similar to other programs that I've used, but this is just confusing.   :P

digitoonie

• View Profile
    • deviantart
    • Email
« Reply #147 on: March 09, 2012, 08:11:42 AM »
Clip Studio has a release date of May this year. The price will be roughly 120-150 for it.

The EX edition will come out in fall. Very much excite.

Looks like there's some special if you already own Comic Studio/Illuststudio too.

Memag

• View Profile
    • Portfolio
    • Email
« Reply #148 on: March 09, 2012, 04:25:51 PM »

ladyyoshiaru

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 15, 2012, 10:25:20 AM »

I have read this. But you missed the part about the price. Its going to be over 250 bucks.
BUT for those whom already purchased ILLUSTSTUDIO will get it free.

Translating this is kind of pointless. Its coming out in a new month, for real. :3 Two versions.