Author Topic: CLIP [Paint Lab]  (Read 282980 times)

digitoonie

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • deviantart
    • Email
Re: CLIP [Paint Lab]
« Reply #105 on: January 11, 2012, 04:43:21 PM »
Performance is boosted and considerably so, even in v 06. It's 64 bit application!
Also there is toolbar on the right side where all assets can be found (word balloons, 3d objects, patterns, backgrounds ...).
Also brush engine is updated and I can see quite a few options added, for once I love brush modes (multiply,color dodge etc.) for many brushes not just airbrush.
UI is changed.Added things from Comic studio ( like word ballons, FX...).

Sure it looks like IllustStudio, but it is new gen hybrid of IS and CS.
I miss custom and perspective rulers.
Also, English version.

I'm guessing the perspective rulers will be in the Clip Studio EX version, since the website stated they'll be a two versions.

Mikan

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #106 on: January 13, 2012, 11:09:09 PM »
hotkeys?

digitoonie

• View Profile
    • deviantart
    • Email
« Reply #107 on: January 16, 2012, 07:49:18 PM »
I can change them no problem. Using the latest one?

Memag

• View Profile
    • Portfolio
    • Email
« Reply #108 on: January 31, 2012, 03:21:53 PM »
    0.8.2 is out.

Around the functionality required to produce illustration Ver.0.8.2, we add improvements and corrections to all 103 items including the following features.

-Make flexible deformation [mesh deformation] has been added.
    -Layer was added solid, gradient layer.
    -Added the Gradient tool.
    -Adjustments to the layer, the layer Levels], [Tone Curve Layers are added, the image correction function has been improved.
    -[Selection menu, select the color range], [selection from the Layers have been added, features have been enhanced to create a selection.
    -View images as reference in Chromatic Palette "subview Palette" has been added.
    -Added support for Mac OS X Lion.[/li][/list]

http://www.clip-studio.com/clip_site/cliplab/paintlab

« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 03:24:49 PM by mmg »

NanoZero

• View Profile
    « Reply #109 on: January 31, 2012, 09:03:53 PM »
    Aw, that's all fantastic! CLIP is becoming a lot more promising as the betas get closer and closer to the final product. It's becoming more like Photoshop but with the paint mechanics of SAI and Painter. The program's sure to sell like hotcakes when it comes out.

Memag

• View Profile
      • Portfolio
      • Email
    « Reply #110 on: February 01, 2012, 02:34:04 AM »
    I am buyer for sure, still ,the only issue is English (or any other) translation.
    I wish they make it available for users to translate if they don't have such intentions.

digitoonie

• View Profile
      • deviantart
      • Email
    « Reply #111 on: February 01, 2012, 06:44:08 AM »
    Well Smith Micro did mention a new version of Manga Studio will be release this year. This makes me wonder if they're taking Clip Studio and just translating it, keeping the name Manga Studio.
    Would be a good deal if they did.

I really really love the reference window they added.

Memag

• View Profile
      • Portfolio
      • Email
    « Reply #112 on: February 01, 2012, 03:34:04 PM »
    MangaStudio and Illuststudio will be developed until 2013,
    so it's possible there will be two more releases before they transfer all the tech in Clip Studio and end development/support for MS(CS) and IS.

digitoonie

• View Profile
      • deviantart
      • Email
    « Reply #113 on: February 02, 2012, 07:53:36 PM »
    Manga Studio maybe, but not so sure about illuststudio since that and clip paint are so similar. Maybe update releases with the current software I can see. Also by now we would hear something about a new version of CS or IS if there was going to be a new version.

Memag

• View Profile
      • Portfolio
      • Email
    « Reply #114 on: February 03, 2012, 01:56:03 AM »
    Manga Studio maybe, but not so sure about illuststudio since that and clip paint are so similar. Maybe update releases with the current software I can see. Also by now we would hear something about a new version of CS or IS if there was going to be a new version.

Perhaps.I got impression that they will fix some bugs until 2013 and in meantime Clip Studio (paint lab),which will have two flavors, will replace both programs. It already contains much improved engine and most features of the good stuff from both programs.
    I see it as wise ,since they will develop one product (win,mac,32,64bit), which can do everything both of the former mentioned programs could, instead of two.

Quote from the webpage.
    "Also, in summer 2012, and a detailed print configuration features such as creating multi-page work, with more advanced features "CLIP STUDIO" top-grade products will be released at a price of around $ 200. This higher grade products, such as all users of ComicStudioPro / EX was used only for free, "CLIP STUDIO", as well as users of ComicStudioDebut IllustStudio offers the preferential price.

"CLIP STUDIO" according to the release of future additions and major ComicStudio IllustStudio is not planned. Each version is currently for sale ComicStudio IllustStudio well, We will be continuing to sell the end of 2013, can also be accommodated, such as bug fixes. "CLIP STUDIO", so you can leverage the data and materials produced and ComicStudio IllustStudio, Thanks for your continued ComicStudio IllustStudio well, "CLIP STUDIO" Please use as well. "CLIP STUDIO" For more information on product features, such as higher grades and, in turn, will be announced as the latest information on this site."

http://www.clip-studio.com/clip_site/mypage/newsdetail?publish=201112&f=2011120602

digitoonie

• View Profile
      • deviantart
      • Email
    « Reply #115 on: February 03, 2012, 04:41:37 PM »
    Pretty much.

Yep! It'll be kinda interesting to see how Clip Studio will associate more features from comicstudio like tons and such. Maybe by keeping powertone/computone as a plugin?

NanoZero

• View Profile
    « Reply #116 on: February 03, 2012, 05:23:04 PM »
    Well, I suppose I better start saving my money now. Looks like Celsys is putting their all into this one program. It's becoming more of a Photoshop rival than a SAI one.

digitoonie

• View Profile
      • deviantart
      • Email
    « Reply #117 on: February 03, 2012, 07:26:47 PM »
    Well, I suppose I better start saving my money now. Looks like Celsys is putting their all into this one program. It's becoming more of a Photoshop rival than a SAI one.

I already have cash set aside. XD

Totally. I always wonder what would happen if Adobe focus just on a drawing/art program. This looks the closest I've imagine.
    « Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 07:28:51 PM by digitoonie »

NanoZero

• View Profile
    « Reply #118 on: February 04, 2012, 07:58:16 PM »
    Yeah yeah, same here. I feel like they could do well if they made one, but there is too much competition for drawing/painting programs in general. Adobe's already doing really well anyways, and they probably will continue to be successful.
    I'm liking what I'm seeing in CLIP Studio, so I may never have to use PS again if it's that fantastic.

ladyyoshiaru

• View Profile
    « Reply #119 on: February 05, 2012, 06:45:58 AM »
    PHOTOSHOP EXPORT!!!! <3

And also from the message I got CPL (official name Clip Studio) will be on sale around spring 2012 and should cost roughly $150
    From the letter I got looks like they're going to be combining comicstudio (manga studio) and illluststudio for this project. And they're discontinuing those two softwares after 2013.

Is that why they removed all their programs from selling vendors?? You have to rent the programs now?