Author Topic: CLIP [Paint Lab]  (Read 282985 times)

Monstrue

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: CLIP [Paint Lab]
« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2011, 06:31:42 PM »
...the brush patterns are obviously bitmaps of some kind but is there any way to create your own? They reside in a folder called Material and have an extension of .layer.
well, I open the file with an HEX editor and it have a lot of code of the brush preferences and some symbols that looks to be the bitmap code but I cannot replace them or create new ones because they are not .png, .bmp or .jpg code  |=/

Ryan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2011, 10:46:59 PM »
Using your own brush bitmaps would of course massively open up possibilities. Obviously this is a feature they will want to add.

The importing image patterns is quite cool to create layers purely to provide texture by blending as say overlay i.e a canvas texture.

The thing that is best is the basic brush engine. It's fast and has enough functions to totally control the way the brush mixes etc. It appears to work differently from other apps. You have density and opacity in the Ink settings. It seems it all mixes up to provide huge control. I wish all apps allowed you bring in paper textures etc and still be able to move them around easily like this.

I'm actually exploring lots of apps at the moment. Although I'm from a drawing background I've never been that happy with computer apps. I've been doing 3D so I'm no expert on using these apps. I've generally only used Gimp and Lighzone for post editing. Clip Paint Lab seems like it has massive potential. it's already more usable than competitors.

Ryan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2011, 11:02:28 PM »
This is what I'm after:

An app that properly uses my 64 bit multi core system, that has a really good basic brush engine giving me power to adjust the paint blending on canvas for variety of reults, it needs to have brush bitmap capability so I can have control of shapes and be able to alter the spacing of this so the brush becomes more like a stamp for textural stuff, the UI needs to be simple and easy to use and it needs to have no bloat and be reliable. There are other things but these are the major points that no app actually properly addresses.

I'd use Corel Painter but it's actually got some kind of memory leak and it's sluggish and awkward in UI. The price is too high with these problems.

SAI is good but has some limits. I'm currently using Mypaint and Gimp on Linux until somebody sorts this out. Of course I'd love a fully featured Linux painting app but this isn't coming any time soon.

Coda

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2011, 07:27:29 PM »
IT'S DONE!!!! HOLLY MOTHER OF ALL THE GOODNESS!!!
This translation was a pain...! but anyway it was kinda fun  8)

Translated files to the version 0.7.0>> http://www.mediafire.com/?ufejr9m6cp1r8r4
just replace your files "742DEA58-ED6B-4402-BC11-20DFC6D08040" and "E79C2AC5-BC3F-4838-9E87-F49B629F84B5" for the translated files...It should work for all the versions 0.7.0:  x86, x64 and MAC ;)

Have fun!!

Note: for the Win version, only replace the files in the folder: "resource/other"...I don't know to MAC  ;D

Whooohooo! :D

Coda

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2011, 10:46:28 PM »
Oh my gawd..

Does any1 know the shortcut to increase and decrease brushsize in this app??
The Ctrl+Alt+drag type, does it exist?? Not the [ ]  stuff....
I am begging you save me from the misery lol xD

Gnix

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 15, 2011, 11:29:55 PM »
Oh my gawd..

Does any1 know the shortcut to increase and decrease brushsize in this app??
The Ctrl+Alt+drag type, does it exist?? Not the [ ]  stuff....
I am begging you save me from the misery lol xD

I checked the online manual and [ ] is the only brush size shortcut.

NanoZero

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 16, 2011, 04:28:26 AM »
Trying to find the files to replace on my Mac, but no luck. If somebody knows how to find the files, let me know.

CiD

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: August 23, 2011, 03:59:19 AM »
Trying to find the files to replace on my Mac, but no luck. If somebody knows how to find the files, let me know.

Found the files.  Oh Apple and your tricky, tricky file hiding~

First, right-click the 'CLIP PAINT Lab' application (not the alias, the actual application) and click 'Show Package Contents'.  The application is actually a disguised folder.  Once you're in there, you can navigate to Contents/Resources/other/  and replace the interface files with Monstrue's translations.

NanoZero

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2011, 12:16:07 AM »
Found the files.  Oh Apple and your tricky, tricky file hiding~

First, right-click the 'CLIP PAINT Lab' application (not the alias, the actual application) and click 'Show Package Contents'.  The application is actually a disguised folder.  Once you're in there, you can navigate to Contents/Resources/other/  and replace the interface files with Monstrue's translations.
Thank you, it works like a charm!

digitoonie

• View Profile
    • deviantart
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: September 09, 2011, 01:30:08 AM »
Anyone check out the latest update to Clip Paint Lab? New features, texture brushes, lots of new comic options and 3D options. It's coming out very nicely. :D

Also turns out Clip Paint Lab is a trial. #_# I set my calender to the day after the final date (December 9th) and it locks itself.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 07:34:47 PM by digitoonie »

ZombieMittens

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 13, 2011, 06:59:00 AM »
It won't work on my the mac. I downloaded the new translation file...but it looks different it looks like a paper icon...it looks different than the one I'm trying to replace icon. Is it supposed to?

Himuraii

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 13, 2011, 04:45:49 PM »
What should I download exactly the topic to use the paint lab clip in English? I use windows 7

And the program is full or already have crack?

thanks

noel_z1

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 30, 2011, 08:27:14 PM »
Sorry, but does someone know where can I download this program? I saw a link on this topic, but it's broken...

Other thing: the translation is very good, I hope i can use it one day! ;D

Vampire

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 02, 2011, 06:27:13 PM »
Hey everyone i made an account because i'm really stumped on what to do, so i've DL clip paint lab as well as the english patch file that i found here.

1) First up the patch file that get DL appears as a white page which i cannot open as my computer says it has no applications that can open it (i have a mac but i heard of other mac users using this patch)
2) So i found where i'm supposed to replace the files with the translations but i can't find the translations because all i have it the white page symbol that a mentioned above, so i did try replacing the black screen things in the folder with the white page but all this did was make the clip paint lab quit immediately before it can even open. 

So i'm guessing that this is not how you replace the translation, does anyone know what i'm doing wrong?

the white page symbol i see is called - Resource_other-04.7.0 ENG.7z
and the black boxes were - 0A24C606-7FC7-4694-930C-9ED7407B9A18, 742DEA58-ED6B-4402-BC11-20DFC6D08040 and E79C2AC5-BC3F-4838-9E87-F49B629F84B5

i really have no idea what im doing, i'm a total noob to using patches

Vampire

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 02, 2011, 06:35:49 PM »
Sorry, but does someone know where can I download this program? I saw a link on this topic, but it's broken...

Other thing: the translation is very good, I hope i can use it one day! ;D

Hi i got my copy from the official website first you must register here https://www.clip-studio.com/clip_site/user/regist then go here http://www.clip-studio.com/clip_site/cliplab as long as you are logged in you should be able to DL it either for windows or mac.