Author Topic: Wacom Bamboo still not working? New resolution that worked for me.  (Read 62724 times)

DottyTopic starter

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Hi, like many people I had been trying to get SAI paint tool working with my Wacom Bamboo fun for a long time now.
( Bearing in mind I had previously tried the help here: http://sai.detstwo.com/smf/index.php?topic=39.0 and the TabletMouseSimulation = 0" which did not fix my issue at all )

Anyway, I recently fixed it yesterday as I was playing around on my system trying to get the pressure sensitivity thing working. :3

I'm a Vista User (I don't know if this will affect anything), but I went onto:
Control Panel -> Programmes and Features -> 'Pen Tablet' (With the wacom tablet picture) then I clicked 'Change' at the top.

Now, this thing called 'Tablet Preference File Utility' should come up.
Click the button that says, 'Remove my preference file' AND the bottom button saying, 'Remove all preference files'.

After that, I loaded up SAI and it seemed to work after months of having a bamboo tablet that failed to work with this lovely art programme. <3
I didn't need to restart my  computer afterwards or anything, it just worked like a charm.

I think that's it. I hope this works for other people. There was no harm in posting this, so good luck and I hope you get it working guys. xD

« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 12:59:51 AM by restorer »

Vui

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Wacom Bamboo still not working? New resolution that worked for me.
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 05:10:27 AM »
Finally! A solution! Thank you so much!
I've been trying to get SAI working all night.

DottyTopic starter

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2009, 06:42:45 PM »
Finally! A solution! Thank you so much!
I've been trying to get SAI working all night.
Did it work for you? O:

Bard

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2009, 07:28:15 PM »
It was simply a problem with your Drivers, it could've been solved either the way you did it or by re-downloading the driver from the site.

FBH

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2009, 10:10:47 PM »
Just reporting back that this solution worked for my brand new Bamboo Pen+Touch. I'm currently using the trial(making sure it works with Windows 7 before I buy it), and I plan on getting the real deal soon.

Easy Paint Tool SAI is such a wonderful program, and it's cheap too!

bamboo_fred

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2010, 09:17:46 PM »
Now, this thing called 'Tablet Preference File Utility' should come up.
Click the button that says, 'Remove my preference file' AND the bottom button saying, 'Remove all preference files'.
Thanks, pressure sensitivity works now with my brand new bamboo fun pen&touch medium. But the pen buttons don't, even the eraser. I tried to change the buttons settings in SAI without success. The touchpad functions don't work properly too in SAI like zoom, rotate, and the scrolling is translated in zoom in SAI only.  I'm on XP SP3. Has someone an idea?

PS: my driver version is PenTablet_521-6, the last one found on Wacom site.

I solved most of the problem with this thread.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 09:53:52 PM by bamboo_fred »

chk24ev4

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2010, 12:49:04 AM »
omg i dont have a tablet icon/program in my control panel /programs& features D: :o):

Trashdemon

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2011, 12:55:51 PM »
I just got SAI and im thinking of buying a tablet for it, so i figured get a bamboo one as they seem to be popular. However after seeing all these problems is it worth it?

And i dont really understand all this stuff about drivers? do i have to download something sperate to buying the tablet to make it work? or will going into control panel and changing that thing

munrou

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2011, 02:48:21 AM »
I have tried everything posted here and still my tablet doesn't work with sai :c

I'm quite desperate to find a solution to this.

I have a Windows XP

Pandova

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2011, 10:12:55 PM »
Omg! God bless you! Thank you so much It works now :D
Before I could do that though, I had to go to computer and open the tablet, then go to program files folder in it and install the setup. Then I was able to follow the steps and draw on paint tool sai. Thank you so much :3

winter is coming

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2014, 02:36:12 PM »
I've just bought android tablets (samsung galaxy tab) and I would like to use it with SAI but really don't know how to do it. (T^T) I have SAI on my computer but It was my brother who have done it for me (but now he's going away for a while. So, I  have to help myself.) Anyone can help me? It would be great with how to step-by-step.
Thanks in advanced.

Poor Me  :'(

Invertex

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2014, 01:21:55 PM »
I've just bought android tablets (samsung galaxy tab) and I would like to use it with SAI but really don't know how to do it. (T^T) I have SAI on my computer but It was my brother who have done it for me (but now he's going away for a while. So, I  have to help myself.) Anyone can help me? It would be great with how to step-by-step.
Thanks in advanced.

Poor Me  :'(
... That's an "Android" tablet. It does not run Windows. PaintTool Sai is for Windows.
At best, you can look for an app that allows you to use your Galaxy Tab as an input device for your PC. There are a few out there:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=at.bitfire.gfxtablet
http://surfaceproartist.com/blog/2014/4/20/app-makes-your-windows-or-android-device-a-virtual-tablet
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sunnysidesoft.VirtualTablet.lite&hl=en

obtusity

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2014, 01:26:22 AM »
Sai won't work on an Android tablet, but there are some good paint programs for Android. They won't have Sai's vector layers, but they're fine for raster painting.
Unfortunately you've got a Tab model, not a Samsung Note model, so you won't have pressure sensitivity (unless you also get one of the newer more expensive styluses that sends pressure information to the tablet using Bluetooth, ultrasound, etc - but these each have a limited range of compatible software).

Two very good paint programs for Android (in my experience) are ArtFlow and LayerPaint HD (which has a tapered line option to simulate pressure - look for the Fade In/Out setting).

If you can get past the unusual interface, Clover Paint is supposed to be very good, there's a new app called Ravioli Paint 2 which looks promising, and of course the well-known Autodesk Sketchbook (use in-app purchase to get the complete feature set) is very good.