Author Topic: Is there a smudge tool?  (Read 2373 times)

Z.chu

Is there a smudge tool?
« on: December 17, 2008, 07:40:52 PM »
Like the smudge tool h in GIMP or the spread tool in OpenCanvas.

Is there one in the program or maybe one I can download?

Also when you download things like texture and brushes how do you get them to work in the program? I put the textures in the brushtex folder but nothing  shows up in the program.

One more question, is there a way to change the rate? So i can do a stroke and its dots instead of a full line?

Thank you.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2008, 07:54:52 PM by Z.chu »

figue

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Is there a smudge tool?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008, 08:11:32 PM »
Yes there's a blender, it's the WaterColor brush, it even has a smoothing efect slider.

Unfortunately there's not an option to control spacing in SAI , I've asked the developer to add this feature but if he will consider or not I don't know.

Z.chu

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2008, 12:00:10 AM »
Yes I discover that tool... though I prefer the smudge to pull the color/lighting... it kind of just blurs it... not really a smudge.
Not what i wanted, but all the other aspects are so nice I guess it will be alright. wish it had a layer effect like OC, where you can make the layer change the color only, light or darken ect.

figue

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2008, 12:38:20 AM »
Oh I get it yeat that would be neat, 4th paint has a blender/smudge tool that blends and smudges at the same time it's really great, I wish SAI had such tool too.

Actually 4th paint has everything I've ever wanted inclusing spacing, it just needs to be more polished and in english so I can mess with all the settings.